Serpico is helping turn the tide in California with smart water usage and irrigation.
Our Commitment to Water Conservation
Serpico Landscaping was founded in Northern California more than 32 years ago, and it’s been growing to serve Bay Area residents ever since. During that time, we’ve become quite passionate about using water wisely and doing everything we can to be good stewards of the environment.
Not only is Serpico a Certified Green Business, but we proudly take an active role in water conservation.
Why Choose Serpico as Your Landscaping Professional?
Our Landscaping Experts Are Also Irrigation Specialists
The Serpico Team starts by being ReScape California-trained and -certified in Bay-Friendly landscaping and design methods. We’re also Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditors through the Irrigation Association (IA) and Qualified Water Efficient Landscapers (QWEL), a West Coast affiliation of the US EPA’s WaterSense program.
We’re a Team of Factory-Trained Smart-Controller Installers
Smart controllers work on cloud-based platforms that take live environmental and historical data from multiple sources to generate irrigation results in more precise harmony with the specific weather patterns of a particular locale. Our team is manufacturer-trained to install, troubleshoot and fine-tune the leading smart-controller platforms.
We Pave the Way for Water Usage Reform
Not only do Serpico employees work closely with our state’s water usage bureaus and organizations, but our leadership team holds seats on two of the major Bay Area municipal water agency landscape advisory committees.
There’s a name for what we do. We call it Waterscaping.
What Is Waterscaping?
You don’t have to give up beautiful landscaping if you want to conserve water. Likewise, you don’t have to create excess water waste if you want your grounds to look lush and green. Waterscaping is a marriage of the two: finding ways to keep landscaping healthy while minimizing water usage.
Our Comprehensive Approach to Waterscaping
With Serpico, there’s no separation between great landscaping and wise water usage. In fact, nobody does it better when it comes to creating stunning, healthy grounds that look great year after year, finding the most effective use of water and irrigation and saving our clients money.
With Serpico, your waterscaping begins with a thorough Water Management Action Plan.
- Perform a Thorough Analysis of Your Current Landscaping – First, one of Serpico’s Landscaping Specialists comes to your property and performs a thorough inspection of your property.
- Conduct a Visual Inspection of Your Irrigation System – Next, we turn the irrigation system on and do a visual inspection to document the efficiency and expected peak performance of system components based on their age, condition, and placement. Often, the fitness of these systems is a reflection of previous irrigation system maintenance or lack thereof.
- Create a Custom-Tailored Action Plan – Then, we take all of our findings and prioritize the recommended “to-do” list in a Water Management Action Plan. This identifies how to improve the efficiency of your irrigation system and (depending on the scope) may also include an estimated five- to 10-year return on investment figure based on the local water cost projections.
- Make Recommended Changes to Minimize Water Usage and Maximize Savings – Once we identify the areas in need of attention, Serpico helps you make smart changes within your budget when it’s convenient for you. We replace or upgrade old irrigation systems or make repairs to existing landscape irrigation systems. We overhaul inefficient irrigation systems, replacing older lines and sprinklers with entirely new water delivery systems and new sustainable landscape design. Our specialists may also recommend other changes to minimize your cost and water waste. This may include turf removal, drought-tolerant plant installation and drip-line irrigation tactics to help you find your system’s best returns for its condition and age.
- Perform Regular Maintenance – With Serpico, you can keep your system in top condition with our monthly inspections. We’re particularly proud of our exclusive WaterWise Irrigation service, an industry-leading monthly base irrigation system inspection program. WaterWise delivers fast identification of issues in written reports, facilitates quick repairs, and reduces overall water waste and expense.
With Serpico, you can help save the planet, save our water and save your money.
With Serpico Landscaping, you can have confidence in our smart solutions, highly trained experts and exceptional service. Help us make a positive impact on the planet by joining us in our commitment to the environment and water conservation.
We helped a local HOA cut their water bill in half.