Serpico Landscaping is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our winning team as Landscape Designer & Project Manager!
Ready to upgrade to a better workplace? We’d like to meet you! Serpico Landscaping offers a range of modern horticultural approaches for tree care, irrigation, and water management planning — as well as property upgrades and exciting landscape design. Working within Serpico’s teams of trained and certified professionals means your job supports naturalized outdoor beauty you’ll be proud of!
The Landscape Designer position acts as both a water management expert and efficient planting design advisor to the Senior and Executive team members.
The successful candidate must possess well-rounded irrigation and landscape design experience, with broad knowledge and demonstrated experience in the principles and practices of Water Management and Water Friendly Landscapes. A qualified candidate must have the ability to grow with the business in a fast-paced environment, while keeping pace with industry and local Water District changes and challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Providing Excellent Customer Service
- As a Landscape Designer, you must ensure the highest level of customer care is provided during every instance of the customer’s experience.
- You must establish that all landscaping project issues are responded to in a professionally and timely manner.
- In this role, you must be pro-active and provide thoughtful communication to customers about project topics and details.
Selling Solution-Based Designs
- Develop and sell: Efficient irrigation upgrades, water friendly landscape installations and renovations concepts, landscape design services, and landscape enhancement projects for Serpico Landscaping, Inc. clients.
- Develop and sell: Irrigation improvements and water-conscious planting enhancement bids for potential Serpico Landscaping, Inc. clients.
Leading Enhancement Operations and Production
- In this role, you provide consulting services on water conservation and water-friendly landscape design related issues for Serpico Landscaping, Inc. maintenance clients, and potential clients identified in new market segments.
- Part of your job is to perform Irrigation Water Audits and calculate Distribution Uniformity at customer sites.
- Calculating customer ROI time period for all applicable upgrade projects.
- Developing Water Management Action Plans (WMAP) and educating current and potential customers on water savings trends and products.
- Partnering as a Project Manager to a Branch Manager for all sold projects.
- Directing enhancement crews’ activities and production.
Developing New Business
- In this role, developing relationships at the Water District level and identifying their positions on current and future Water Management conditions is a key function of your work.
- Identifying new customer profile opportunities is a component of this job.
- Developing a strong partnership with local SLI Branch Management and fostering opportunities as submitted by Branch Managers is also an important duty in the Landscape Designer job position.
- Qualified candidates must have at least five (5) years of combined full-time, increasingly responsible professional Landscape Design or Landscape Project Management experience.
- Qualified candidates must have current and on-going certifications in Landscape Irrigation Management or Design (QWEL, CLIA, BFQL, ReScapes CA, IA, etc.).
- You must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Pro Landscape or Adobe Autodesk to apply for this position.
- You will need current and practical working knowledge of efficient irrigation products and specifications to apply for this position.
- Hands-on working experience with installation of landscape irrigation systems is needed and expected.
- You should be able to lift up to 50 pounds and kneel, bend, stoop, carry, stand, or walk frequently.
- A valid CA drivers license and a clean driving record
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Health, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Industry Training
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Working for a Certified Green Business