It’s easy to understand that new shrub landscaping design ideas can be dramatic by adding exciting decorative elements to community properties. However, the usefulness of shrubbery goes far beyond the attractive look these bushes below may provide.
Check out these ways to let Serpico’s commercial landscaping put shrubs to work in the outdoor universe at your business, retail environment, municipality, HOA association or commercial realty development.
Shrubs And Trees: The Green Part Of ‘The Green Movement’
We often take for granted the *green environmental* importance of plants in our landscape. Plants, trees, and shrubs remove carbon dioxide from our air and release oxygen in Mother Nature’s carbon credit program. They also stabilize soils and keep a lot of dirt where dirt belongs: outside!
- Plants filter air and water borne pollutants from our environment.
- Planting an energy-conserving landscape can lower your heating and cooling bills.
- Shrubs can be used as windbreakers to stop winter winds; when planted near air conditioning units — they help keep units shaded; when planted near windows they provide internal shade; and when covering driveways and sidewalks, shrubs lessen absorption of sunlight heat.
- Your contribution to what is popularly called The Green Movement begins as landscape.
Shrubs Establish Landscape Property Lines And Boundaries
Putting shrubs along property lines can serve communities in a number of ways, such as..
- Providing privacy
- Marking boundaries
- Offering wind protection
- Serpico Landscaping is respectful with the shrubs we help you choose, and we maintain them frequently on both sides — so as not to offend neighbors with any wild, unkempt landscaping!
Flowering Shrubs Bring Color To Landscapes
Blossoming bushes brighten up yards and common areas. For example:
- The hydrangeas above (tinted blue with extra lime!)
- Rhododendrons, or
- Fragrant lilacs — all brighten up community spaces and need little maintenance.
- As a bonus, many flowering bushes and shrubs tend to last longer than many perennial flowering plants or bulbs (such as iris)…and many have leaves that turn into deeper-hued colors for an Autumn display!
Tall Shrubs And Trees Change Up Uniformity By Adding Texture
Break up garden beds or rows of repetition — with trees and shrubs in a variety of shapes and sizes. Consider these options:
- Consider small-leaved trees such as honey locust or plants — like lavender, dill, and spirea.
- Think about adding larger leaf plants like hostas and Dutchman’s pipe.
- Serpico Landscape designers have plenty of exciting drought-tolerant specimen ideas for your community, business campus or retail *consumer feel-good* reflection areas!
Soften ‘The Look’ Of Hardscapes, Walkways, Or Water Features
Adding shrubs softens the ‘look and feel ‘ of hard edges.
- Consider having Serpico add a mix of shrubs, decorative grasses and an array of bulbs that flower throughout the year — around foundations, pools, patios, and decks.
- Bushes and landscape design ideas can soften stone textures and the straight, sharp lines of pavers.
- These horticultural additions help bring some privacy to and common spaces.
Flowering Shrubs Attract Wildlife: Birds, Bees, And Butterflies!
Flowering shrubs and pollinator gardens can attract birds, and crucial insects like bees and butterflies, which are essential to our food supply. Serpico’s teams can plant healthy shrubs with colorful flowers on your property, such as:
- Butterfly Bush
- Rose of Sharon, or
- Burning Bush
Ground cover…Covers With Exciting Colors As Serpico Replaces Turf
Low shrubs can cover the ground and brighten property. Serpico eliminates weeds and there are many exciting ground cover alternatives to turf — such as kurapia — which require less maintenance than grass. Consider
- Purple Haze
- Little Dipper
- Sedum (pictured) or
- Rose Carpet
- Your Community Can Enjoy Some Landscape Bushes ASAP
Fast-growing shrubs can fill in around new condo units, new business entranceways or enhance sparse common areas at your association! Have a chat with your Serpico Branch Manager and our landscape design team. Consider quickly establishing shrubs such as —
- Forsythia, or
- Mock Orange…these are all fast-growing!
All-Time Favorite Bushes Increase Curb Appeal
Attractive landscaping, including shrubs such as these lilac bushes above, can increase the value of a home by thousands of dollars…and increase owner and tenant enjoyment of beauty and sweet-smelling blooms!
Let Serpico’s commercial landscaping design professionals show you how easy it is to realize how all of these shrub landscaping design ideas can increase community enjoyment — plus boost environmental fulfillment and property worth.